Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) Course
ACLS is an advanced, instructor-led classroom course that highlights the importance of team dynamics and communication, systems of care and immediate post-cardiac-arrest care. It also covers airway management and related pharmacology. In this course, skills are taught in large, group sessions and small, group learning and testing stations where case-based scenarios are presented.
- Basic life support skills, including effective chest compressions, use of bag-mask device and use of an (AED)
- Recognition and early management of respiratory and cardiac arrest
- Recognition and early management of peri-arrest condition such as symptomatic bradycardia
- Airway management
- Related pharmacology
- Management of acute coronary syndromes (ACS) and stroke
- Effective communication as a member and leader of a resuscitation team
ACLS is designed for healthcare professionals who either direct or participate in the management of cardiopulmonary arrest and other cardiovascular emergencies. This includes personnel in emergency response, emergency medicine, intensive care and critical care units.
- Course uses learning stations for practice of essential skills, simulated clinical scenarios that encourage active participation
- Hands-on class format reinforces skill proficiency
- Classroom-based works well for learners who prefer group interaction and instructor feedback while learning skills
COURSE COMPLETION CARD / CERTIFICATE
Upon successful course completion, including demonstration of skills competency in all learning stations and passing the CPR and AED skills test, bag-mask ventilation skills test, a Megacode test and a written test, student receive an ACLS course completion card, valid for two years.
- ACLS Provider Manual, includes ACLS Pocket Reference Card Set
- CEU: 34
- Course Duration: 2 Days
- American Heart Association and International SOS
- Valid BLS / ACLS certificate