Health and Safety Representative Online Course
Our courses are designed to equip people at all levels with the necessary skills to minimise incidents in the workplace.
SAQA Unit Standard 13223– Health and Safety Representatives Training
Duration: 60 Hours in total (Learners will get 3 months to complete Summative and Formative Assessment which include a Portfolio of Evidence).
Method of training: E-learning
The Occupational Health and Safety Act of 1993 require staff members to be appointed as health and safety representatives to inspect the workplace. The employer is required to provide health and safety training in order for them to perform their duties.
Health & Safety at the Workplace requires not only Understanding and Knowledge, but most of all a healthy amount of communication throughout the Workforce.
It is the Health & Safety Representative’s Responsibility to prevent potential Threats and non-compliance Issues, to report certain findings to Management, to then discuss possible solutions in carefully structured Health & Safety Meetings, and finally to ensure the achievement of set goals.
In order to give Management a more realistic view of Happenings on the work floor, non-managerial Representatives are of vital importance to this progress.
These Representatives must have a thorough knowledge and understanding of the legislative requirements (OSH Act), they must be aware of their Duties and Responsibilities, and they must be familiar with all Administrative Requirements involved in their Quest for Safety at the Workplace.
- Responsibilities of Employees towards Management and vice versa
- Responsibilities of Employees at the Workplace
Health and Safety Representatives:
- Requirements & Procedure of Appointment
- Legal Requirements and Functions
- Investigation, Cause – finding
- Health & Safety Inspections and Reporting
- Identification of Incidents, their Prevention & Reporting
- Identification of Risks and Hazards
- Basic Fire Prevention
- Legal Document Completion
- Inspection and Meeting
- Health & Safety Committees – Legal Requirements and Functions
Learner support strategies:
- Online textbook material
- Audible voice prompts
- Tutor support
Who Should Attend Our Health & Safety Representatives Training Course?
- Any who will be serving as Safety Representatives in the company
- Any Current Safety Representatives for Retraining (every two Years)
- Management/Supervisors interested in the Safety Rep System
All delegates who successfully met the outcomes criteria for this course and are found competent will be issued with a certificate of competence.
An Assessment during and at the end of the course will be required. The formative, Summative Assessment and Portfolio of Evidence will have to be completed. Registered Assessors and Moderators will find the learner competent or not yet competent based on the written and practical evidence delivered. A Competence Certificate will be issued to all successful candidates. SOR (Statement of Results from SETA can take up to 6 months to be issued).
“All relevant course details will be emailed to you once booking is confirmed.”