Heartsaver® CPR AED Blended Learning Course
The Heartsaver CPR AED course trains participants to give CPR, and use an automated external defibrillator (AED) in a safe, timely, and effective manner. Reflects science and education from the American Heart Association Guidelines Update for CPR and Emergency Cardiovascular Care (ECC).
Who should take this course?
The AHA Heartsaver CPR AED Course is designed for anyone with limited or no medical training who needs a course completion card in CPR and AED use to meet job, regulatory, or other requirements.
What does this course teach?
- Describe how high-quality CPR improves survival
- Explain the concepts of the Chain of Survival
- Recognize when someone needs CPR
- Perform high-quality CPR for an adult
- Describe how to perform CPR with help from others
- Give effective breaths using mouth-to-mouth or a mask for all age groups
- Demonstrate how to use an AED on an adult
- Perform high-quality CPR for a child*
- Demonstrate how to use an AED on a child*
- Perform high-quality CPR for an infant*
- Describe when and how to help a choking adult or child
- Demonstrate how to help a choking infant*
Heartsaver CPR AED Online is the eLearning portion of the Heartsaver CPR AED Blended Learning Course and teaches information needed for CPR and AED training. Upon completion of the online portion, students must complete a hands-on skills session with an AHA Instructor.
The online portion can be completed in 1.75 hours, and the hands-on skills session can be completed in 45-90 minutes
Heartsaver CPR AED Course Completion Card, valid for two years
Includes audio and transcript for any students who may have a hearing or visual disability.
“All relevant course details will be emailed to you once booking is confirmed.”