Heartsaver® Pediatric First Aid CPR AED Blended Learning Course
The Heartsaver Pediatric First Aid CPR AED course trains participants how to respond to and manage illnesses and injuries in a child or infant in the first few minutes until professional help arrives. Reflects science and education from the American Heart Association Guidelines Update for CPR and Emergency Cardiovascular Care (ECC) and the 2015 AHA/Red Cross Guidelines for First Aid.
Who should take this course?
The AHA Heartsaver Pediatric First Aid CPR AED Course is designed for anyone involved in childcare who have a duty to respond to illnesses and injuries in a child or infant in the first few minutes until professional help arrives. Including: childcare workers, teachers, camp counselors, etc.
What does this course teach?
- First aid basics including medical, injury, poison, and environmental emergencies, preventing illnesses and injuries and controlling bleeding & bandaging. Covers topics like using a tourniquet, shock, internal bleeding, burns and electrical injuries, allergic reactions, breathing problems & dehydration, diabetes & low blood sugar, heat-and cold-related emergencies, drowning, amputations, bites and strings, broken bones and sprains. Also covers splinters, nose bleeds, fainting, seizures, and injuries to the head, eyes, neck, spine, mouth, and teeth.
- CPR AED and choking: CPR and AED Use for Adults*, Children and Infants, Adult*, Child, and Infant Choking
Heartsaver Pediatric First Aid CPR AED Online is the eLearning portion of the Blended Learning Course. Upon completion of the online portion, students must complete a hands-on skills session with an AHA Instructor. Upon completion of the online portion, students must complete hands-on skills session with an AHA BLS or Heartsaver Instructor.
The online portion can be completed in 2.5 hours, and the hands-on skills session can be completed in 2.5 hours.
Heartsaver Pediatric First Aid CPR AED Course Completion Card, valid for two years.
Includes audio and transcript for any students who may have a hearing or visual disability.
- Self-paced; can be completed wherever Internet access is available.
- Includes interactive exercises and videos.
- Certificate of completion available to print when the online portion has been completed successfully.
- Provides access to all information in the online portion for 24 months after activation of the course key.
- Includes audio and transcription for students who may have a hearing or visual disability.
- Screen and text-sized options help meet diverse learning needs.
- Navigation controls provide students with the flexibility to move easily through content and customize their learning experience.
“All relevant course details will be emailed to you once booking is confirmed.”